Property for Sale in Tortola, BVI
The concept of Summer Heights is that of a luxury, vacation home that serves a robust villa rental market from large families to groups of friends looking for a spacious, balanced, and well-appointed retreat in the tropics. The property is approached up a winding road through the breezy green hills of a private, residential area known as Havers Estate. On arrival, a broad staircase of Mexican coral tile leads down to the double entry doors and onto a sunny, open courtyard with an expansive deck of crushed coral, and a cobalt blue, tiled swimming pool.
A roofed poolside loggia provides a beautiful setting for casual dining, with an adjacent gourmet kitchen and bar. A curved glass brick wall separates the kitchen from the spacious lounge furnished with a white leather wraparound sofa and glass topped, teak coffee table. Two reclining leather chairs, with footstools, are in front of the large picture window, which boasts ever changing sea vistas. The lounge decor is completed by beautiful solid teak furniture, imported from Bali, and artwork on the walls. Guests currently benefit from WiFi service. As part of the turn-key sale, the property includes the wide selection of board games, and extensive library of books.
Just along the deck from the lounge, are four similar bedroom suites. The two lower suites open onto a semi-shaded deck hung with a double hammock while the upper two suites open to private balconies. The master suite is in the east wing and opens directly onto the pool deck. This room also features a sitting area and a walk-in closet. Each of the five suites has a beautiful ocean view, an impressive teak king bed with deep comfortable mattress, en suite bathroom, air-conditioning, and flat screen TV / DVD combo. Above the poolside suite, and accessed by a staircase is a loft bedroom with two twin beds. Sharing the large bathroom with the room below, this room could also be used as a nursery or an office, since it has direct access to the parking area.
Perched on a hillside, 500′ above the ocean, in the midst of a green oasis, Summer Heights, a friendly breezy luxury villa is situated on Tortola’s south coast just a short drive from the beaches, shops and nightlife of the island. Guests, who stay at Summer Heights, describe the villa as a peaceful hideaway with amazing views that seem to go on forever; one of the best in Tortola! Overlooking the Sir Francis Drake Channel, you can see all the way to Ginger Island in the east, to Coral Bay in St John in the west. On a clear day, you can even see St Croix, over 30 miles away. If you are an early riser, the sunrise is spectacular! At night, the clear sky offers a wonderful opportunity for stargazing.
The villa’s central location offers easy access to all the island’s restaurants, shops and amenities. Smugglers Cove, Cane Garden Bay, Brewers Bay, Rogues Bay, Long Bay and many other beaches are a short drive away.
Summer Heights was designed with rentals in mind, treating each guest equally with bedrooms that have stunning views and easy access to the pool and living area. A genuine Caribbean holiday home managed with care and maintained with pride. The English owners have lived and worked in the British Virgin Islands for over 30 years, so it was with insight and experience that they carefully chose to build on the island of Tortola for its shops, restaurants, ferries, airport and the ‘happening’ events. It’s the perfect hub from which to visit Anegada, Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke and other smaller islands; all are just an easy daytrip away.
- Sleeps 12 total in five bedroom suites all with king-size teak beds plus 1 twin bedded loft room.
- All 6 bedrooms have flat screen TV with integral DVD and FM/AM clock radio
- Five ensuite bathrooms and one half bath adjacent to the pool.
- Air conditioning in all 6 bedrooms.
- Panoramic ocean views from all rooms.
- Linens & beach towels.
- Washer / Dryer
- Babies & Infants – one wooden full size crib suitable for ages 0 – 3 years; Fisher Price highchair.
- Large sunny deck.
- Outside dining table seats 12.
- Loungers and a double hammock.
- 10’x20′ swimming pool with depth ranging 5’ to 6’.
- Cable TV, DVD and Stereo including deck speakers and iPod hookup. Music, movie, book and board game library.
- Windows 8 desktop computer in lounge with high speed DSL & WiFi offering free VOIP calls to the USA.
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, oven, side-by-side fridge/freezer with icemaker, bar fridge, and blender.
- Weber gas BBQ.
- Standby diesel generator with automatic transfer switch.